3.06.2008

A Wave of Emotions...

Well, what a week it has been! It's actually not quite over yet. I'm taking a break from working on my thesis write up. My eyes are starting to cross from all of the statistics I'm reporting. ha ha

Well, it's been a very eventful week indeed. I've had a lot of balls in the air. But, two tests and a paper are down, and I'm feeling pretty good about them. It was a struggle. Senioritis is alive and living in my apartment for sure. Speaking of which - senioritis is something that you truly cannot understand until you experience it as a senior waiting to graduate. I always just thought it was a major cop out and seniors should just suck it up and finish the freaking semester. I mean it's not THAT bad... Well, yeah it is. I suppose you can use it as a crutch when you're a senior, but there is some truth to the "I just don't care. Get me out of here. I'm grumpy, tired, emotional, scared, happy, sad, bored, anxious all at the same time, and I'm tired of it!" attitude. I certainly am feeling it. I am torn between wanting to get the heck out of this place, and yet I absolutely LOVE Bloomington. I have had some tremendous experiences here, and have grown up so much over the last four years. It's hard to believe that it's been that long already. My future is uncertain, and that makes me nervous, but I'm anxious to get started with the next chapter of my life. I suppose it is a conflict between wanting to grow up and become professional and wanting to stay young forever. Such a crazy time!

Speaking of uncertain futures... mine has very recently become less cloudy. I was ever so graciously accepted into Ball State's rehab psych masters program! My first acceptance! Let me tell you, after 5 rejections, that one little acceptance is oh-so-sweet! The whole job of applying to graduate school has really taken it out of me, as well as my fellow schoolmates who are doing the same. It's a tough process, and one that should not be taken lightly. It's a lot of work, and there is a lot of emotion that gets put into it. But, finally I feel appreciated and worthy of graduate school! So, I have a phone interview with U of Memphis over spring break, and I'll be waiting on IU's response as well. But, I'm extremely excited about BSU! YAHOO!!!

OK, only 2 more classes and finishing up this results section draft for my thesis and then it's time to head home for some fun... oh yeah and I'm have oral surgery over break... stupid wisdom teeth!

No comments: