3.28.2008

Summer Dreams.

The weather down here has been pretty nasty the last few days. Rain and some warmer temps, but still in the 40's. There is some partly sunny skies in the forecast for tomorrow, which I'm extremely excited about, but spring cannot come soon enough. The only good thing about rainy days is that it makes it easier to get work done - although it can be arugued that naps are more highly contemplated on rainy days.

Needness to say I've been dreaming of summer days. Not only because of the weather, but because of what it summer brings with it. I'm not sure I could juggle any more balls at once. My life is pretty darn crazy right now. There have definitely been points before where I've felt this overwhelmed with things, but I think there are more emotions tied in with this year - or perhaps just different ones than I am used to. I'm working really hard to stay on top of my honors thesis. There are so many things that still need to be done, and the weeks are dwindiling. My friends are all talking about how they are SO excited that we only have 4 weeks of school left (*GULP) while I hate the thought of it because that means even less time to accomplish everything that needs to get done. I hate talking about it even though it means being 4 weeks closer to summer and graduation. So, honors thesis, thesis committee, defense date, finishing my paper, applying for assistantships, visiting Ball State for orientation, parents coming down Saturday, roommates, oh yeah those things called classes that have tests and papers, researching narrative therapy, socializing with friends, staying in touch with long distance friends, trying to enjoy my senior year, Little 500, laundry, cooking, studying, meetings... AHHH! haha On the other hand, it absolutely amazes me how much someone can have on their plate and still 1 - accomplish it and 2 - survive it all. Soon enough it will all be over.

So, until then I have been dreaming of summer. I cannot wait to be at home with nothing harder to do than decide if I want to swim first or mow the yard first and then swim before heading to work and reading as many books as I can get my hands on. Oh yeah! Vacationing in SanFran with Cass! :) So, here's to summer and the last weeks of my senior year! Let them be great and full of awesome memories and hard work!

No comments: