3.30.2008

Thunderstorms and Big Dreams.


I happen to be listening to the song "Dreaming Out Loud" by One Republic, and it just seems to ring true right now. :) I love it when songs speak to your life.

So, yesterday I made the trek up to Ball State for the Graduate Fair and our Counseling Psych Masters orientation. I had a blast! The odd thing is that my parents called me on Friday saying that I had a letter of acceptance from IU. So, for a brief period I was wondering about the possibility of going here instead. You can't help it. No matter how made up your mind is, a letter of acceptance opens up a whole other path for your future that you can't help wonder about. But, I put those thoughts aside yesterday. I learned a lot about the program. The graduate students we were able to talk to were fabulous, and they really seemed to have a pretty close bond. The faculty was pretty great too. They do some fabulous stuff, and stuff that speaks to a lot of my interests as a future therapist. But, I think the best part of yesterday was the other prospective students I got to meet. I met some really great people, and we almost bonded instantly. It was weird, but great at the same time. So, I hope that some of them choose Ball State and I get to enjoy the next two years with them. All other feelings aside - I know I made the right choice and I am overwhelmed with excitement about my future there. Two years just almost doesn't seem long enough. haha. YAY!


Other than that yesterday was awesome because mom and dad came to B-town. Andy's (my roommate) parents were in from Canada for their second home race of the season, and mom and dad HAD to meet them. Andy and I have been talking about this for some time now. We knew they would hit it off, which of course they did. So, I got back to B-town and hung with them for a bit and then we all went out to dinner at Olive Garden. It was a perfect ending to a great day. Another reason I'm excited about going to BSU - being close to the fam and to my IU pals.
So, today it is thunderstorming pretty good, and I have to get back to work. This week is a monster for me. Two tests, a paper proposal, and a presentation in thesis class. Not to mention all the other things that are going on like trying to find an assistantship. Thinking about scheduling classes for next year. Checking in on my summer job. Planning my defense. Groceries. Rent. Life.

Wish me luck! I just might need it!

No comments: