3.09.2008

I Believe In Angels...


What an unexpected start to spring break. My dear grandma, Mary Ellen Alexander passed away late last night. I am thankful to have been home and have the chance to see her one last time. She did not suffer, but her body simply could not hold on any longer. She has been fighting one heck of a battle for the last 2 years of her life, and has done wonderfully. She's met every obsticle with an impressive amount of determination including losing her leg just a few months ago which is something we never dreamed she would recover from. Thankfully she has made it through with flying colors until she just couldn't fight any longer. That day was yesterday. And with the least amount of pain and suffering she drifted off into that great unknown to be with more people she loves.
I believe that the world works in mysterious ways and that everything works out for a reason. There is a reason I had to come home to get my wisdom teeth taken out instead of heading off to Florida for spring break. I believe this is it. So, I dedicate this post to an amazin woman that I have been fortunate enough to know and make memories with for alost 22 years. She is a huge part of who I am, and I will never forget her. May she rest in peace and happiness with her husband and others who have passed before her.
I love you, grandma.

1 comment:

Aunt Cheri said...

Hi Marla,
What a wonderful tribute to your Grandma!!! We will all miss her.She's up there now with your Grandpa A amd your Grandma and Grandpa Green.Hmmmmmm I wonder if the have thie campers parked somewhere up there and campfire going?!? Bet they have a big ole pot of coffee brewing on it!