4.05.2008

What a week!

Well what a week it has been. Whew. I get tired just thinking about it. Two tests, a paper and 2 assistantship applications due, plus the every day stress of trying to get my thesis finished and poster made and trying to keep up with friends and family.... That's enough to stress anyone out. But, luckily I made it through the week as I always do. I was pretty exhausted last night, but I aced my health psych test yesterday and so the week ended on a good note. I cam home to an empty apartment (the roommates are in MI this weekend for a race) and relaxed in front of the TV for a bit and ate some dinner. I was feeling better after that. Vicky and I had planned on doing dessert and a move so we hit up Olive Garden and went to see '21'. It was a splendid evening, and the perfect relaxing ending to an insane week.

Movie Review:

I was surprised how much I enjoyed the movie. I had heard some serious mixed reviews, but I thought it was pretty great. It was extremely entertaining and funny with yet a serious and suspenseful side to it. The new starlet Jim Sturgess (of Across the Universe and The Other Boleyn Girl) is such a cutie and a talented actor. Not to mention the surprise I had seeing the star chica from Win a Date With Tad Hamilton - Kate Bosworth. She is very grown up and a far cry from the girl from Frasier's Bottom who wins a date with a superstar. I'm a sucker for Kevin Spacey anyways, but the flick was indeed something I'd recommend. Check it out.

So, great company, great entertainment, and great food (I ordered chocolate gelato at Olive Garden! YUM!) made for a great Friday night. Today I'm taking it easy. I still have lots to do, but I'm doing it at my pace instead of warp speed. I'm relaxing in some comfy clothes and enjoying the sunshine. I'll get around to work in a little bit. I think Kara and I are getting together for dinner and some movie time tonight which will be fabulous. So, here's to a weekend of relaxation with a little bit of productivity mixed in. Ahhh... how splendid.

No comments: