4.24.2008

Triumphant!

It's official! Defense Day is OVER! I defended my honors thesis @ Noon yesterday, and I couldn't have had a better day. Defense went so much better than you could ever expect. I actually had fun doing it. There were some great ideas thrown around, and I'm excited to see what directions we can take this project in the future! It was such a wonderful experience. One that up until about 11:45 I wasn't sure I really wanted to take part in! Buuut, once everyone got there and started asking me how I was and stuff I relaxed. To make matters even better we were celebrating our last lab meeting later that afternoon, and that was such a great way to end my day. Ed was amazing and brought pizza and breadsticks for us, and even brought a "Congratulations Marla" cake for all of us to enjoy. We had a blast.

It's an amazing feeling to be done. Well, I mean I still have to make the small revisions my committee suggested and then take it to have it bound. But the biggest part is OVER. It hadn't really hit me until this morning when I woke up. I was just exhausted last night, but today I feel like I can breathe again. It's a huge weight that's been lifted, and yet at the same time it's such an overwhelming feeling of accomplishment. I don't say this too often, but I'm proud of myself for the way this year has turned out. :) I'm so excited to see what I can accomplish at Ball State in the next two years! WAHOO!

So, graduation is edging closer every minute. It's still a bittersweet feeling for me, but I'm so excited for summer. I think I've planned things so that I will get to say my goodbye's to everyone before I head out on Sunday and then start work on Monday! So, it should be an emotional week and weekend, but I'm excited for it.

No comments: