4.12.2008

Little 500, Interviews, and Thesising.

Well, it is officially time for Little 500 in Bloomington. So that means that pretty much the entire town of Bloomington is in an uproar. People are causing trouble, drinking 24/7, skipping class, playing corn hole and beer pong like it was their job (too bad you can't put those skills on a resume), and enjoying the madness that comes with the ever famous bike race. The weather has been beautiful all week, and so people have been really been taking advantage of it. It's always a great time on campus, but it signifies the closing of another year. We're three weeks away from graduation. That thought alone is still a bit scary, although I'm less overwhelmed than previously. Now, I'm just ready - and yet not. I've been having lots of nostalgic moments lately remembering all the great times I've spent here in Bloomington. I was walking through campus yesterday. The trees were blooming and it was a beautiful sunshine day. I couldn't help be on top of the world and yet be a little sad. I have fallen in love with this great college town, and I will be sad to leave it. There' s just nothing like it. While I don't think that college has necessarily been the best 4 years of my life - I do think that they've been great ones. I've learned so much and grown up a lot the last four years. Tears were shed, but so many more laughs were had with some really great people. I'm truly lucky. But, all good things must come to an end, and that's ok. I will forever have the memories I've made, but I'm beyond excited about making new ones and opening that next chapter. I think the best years of my life are yet to come - perhaps right around the corner.

Speaking of which, I had an interview in Muncie yesterday for an assistantship at Burris (Laboratory School) in the counseling center there. It went really well. I think I have a good shot at it, and I think it would be a great position for me. So, that's exciting. Also, on the graduate school front - I might possibly have a new roommate for next year. I met Amy at orientation, and we hit it off. So, we're toying with the idea. I think things are coming together really well. Better than I could have expected. It's amazing to think back a few months ago when my future was so uncertain and seemingly blank. It's amazing to have something filling that void now. BSU - Here I come! Watch out! haha.

So, I'm off to start work on what still stands between me and graduation. I just have a few more (very important) things to get out of the way before I can be free. Oh how I dream of summer days relaxing by the pool or reading in the gatehouse at Salamonie. I can't wait!

No comments: