9.15.2008

The Last Lecture.




My best friend, Lindsay sent me a belated birthday present that truly touched my life and warmed my heart. It was a very appropriate gift seeing as that she has touched my life in so many ways in the 10 years we have been friends. The gift was a book titled The Last Lecture by Randy Pausch with Jeffrey Zaslow. If you haven't heard of Randy Pausch I'll tell you about him and his incredible story. He was a Computer Science professor at Carnegie Mellon who was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer and eventually given only a few months to live. Well, he entered a program at Carnegie Mello to do a last lecture. He decided to do it before he passed away as a way to share some of his life lessons with his children and people all over the world. So, anyways, I'll post a link to the actual lecture, but the book is incredible. It summarizes his lecture and gives some background on his life and family. Check it out. I can only hope that it touches your life as much as it has touched mine.



http://www.thelastlecture.com/index.htm -- This is a link to the book, the lecture, and about Randy and his family. Check it out!

And I just want to say that I grow more thankful every day for the amazing friends and family that I am blessed with.


1 comment:

Aunt Cheri said...

I am going to read this book as soon as it comes over from the Lapel branch(they're all checked out here). I am thankful everyday that I have an amazing niece---YOU!!! Aunt Cheri