9.02.2008

First week of grad school and Labor Day

I just want to say that I SURVIVED! haha. I never had any doubt, but my first week of grad school is over with, and I had an absolute blast. I started my 'nanny-ing' job for some good family friends who are professors here at BSU. I pick their two girls up from school, bring them home, help with homework and such till Jonathan and Theresa get home. I got to go to the barn where they keep their horses for the first time last week, which was awesome. I don't have a ton of experience with horses, but I'm excited to learn more about them. Spending time with the girls has been fun, and I think it will be a really great thing to give me a break from school work and such. Children can be so refreshing when you're caught up in a world of overworked and stressed grad students!

So, classes were really great. I really like all of them. I'm taking Intro to Rehab Psych, Psychopathology, Theories and Techniques of Counseling, and Pre-Practicum. I don't know that I have a favorite class, but Thursdays are definitely my favorite day of the week! Having class from 2-9 makes for a long day, but I met some really awesome people who have the same two classes. We've decided to make a weekly study group/hang out between our classes and then we ended up at Applebee's for drinks and some food last week. This Thursday is drinks and then movie night at Justin's. So, it's been a great adventure.

In my pre-prac class (a class designed to get you ready to see clients in Spring semester's practicum class) we started with role playing on the first night of class, which scared us all I think. But, the funny thing is, we all ended up loving it after we broke the ice a little bit. This week we have a 10 minute role playing session that will be recorded and watched with our professor to see where we are all starting out. I'm a wee bit nervous, but I know it'll be a blast.

Labor Day was pretty uneventful. I went home to work at Salamonie all 4 days, and what an adventure work was. Talk about busy. Yikes. We had a few mini crisis as well, but nothing TOO out of the ordinary. I got to hang with mom, dad, Toby, and Ann which is always great. Great food too! So, I had a blast at home, but it's good to be back in Muncie starting week 2. Wish me luck! haha.

No comments: