8.04.2010

Job Hunt.

This morning I woke up early and made my way to Columbia (about 40 minutes from Annapolis) to my first inverview of the week at Humanim, Inc. This is a non-profit agency that does work with individuals with disabilities. I think I mentioned it previously, but I found out before today that there were no official full-time positions open for the job that I had origionally signed up to interview for. People are all processing and there is a slight chance that someone may not want the position. But, I decided to go do the interview anyways for the practice and the opportunity. Good thing I did. Before the interview, Te'Coyia offered me information about another position within Humanim and the contact information. She offered to pass on all the informaiton from our interview. So, the interview went really well. Good questions, and I don't think I said anything stupid. haha. So, afterwards, she introduced me to the person who is looking for people to work in their day programs. She said she would be in touch. So, not a total loss today. Gained some inverviewing experience and have another potential job lead.

So, that leaves me back at the apartment. Yesterday I decided needed to be a day of rest, so I did just that. I got in a beautiful nap and then lounged around most of the day. It was much needed, and I feel refreshed. Last night Alan and I officially added me as an occupant on his apartment lease and got some stuff figured out at the leasing office. Today I have some odds and ends of things to do, but basicially just relaxing. Al is working late, and I am gearing up for another interview on Friday @ St. Luke's House, another non-profit.

1 comment:

Aunt Cheri said...

I am sooooo proud of you and your
never give up" attitude! Keep it up!! I hope you find a job soon. Enjoy your freedom while you can because once you have job its gets limited. I love you very much!!!!!!!!