8.23.2008

Lazy Saturday.

This is the first lazy Saturday that I have been able to enjoy in a while -- not to mention probably the last. I am truly enjoying just lounging around the apartment and being a bum. I only wish I could be a bum for about 10 more days instead of starting class on Monday. Well, scratch that. I'd go crazy. I can't wait to dive in head first to my new classes.

There is nothing quite like the first week of classes. It holds the promise of so much for the year to come. New adventures are everywhere and are just waiting to be taken advantage of. It gives me chills just thinking about it. And yet, I still feel a bit like a wee freshman staring a huge unknown world in the face. But this time I can look at it and smile instead of cower and be frightened. Bring it on!

Amy and I went to see Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2 last night. Such a great movie. It made me very thankful for all of the wonderful friends and family I have in my life. And, while not very many of them are actually here with me right now I know they're still there supporting me every step of the way. So, here's to the promise of a new start -- new place, new people, new friends, new classes, new adventures!

No comments: