11.21.2010

Thanks for your patience.

I know I am over due for an update. My apologies.


Ok, now for the much awaited update on life and love in Maryland.


I feel like a lot and yet not so much has happened since my last post. Let's start with Halloween... Al and I dressed up as an Oompa Loompa (AL) and Willy Wonka (Me) and attended the annual party with some good friends in Fredrick, MD. It was great fun.


We have basically been doing our thing. We've spent time getting our place the way that we want it. We finished buying and hanging some art work. We've been enjoying the beautiful weather and having some adventures here and there.


Last weekend we ventured to Gettysburg. It had been since 8th grade since both of us had been there so we thought it was time for a trip. It was a gorgeous day for it and we had a great time seeing the new museum/visitor's center and doing our own auto tour. I will certainly remember it more now that I'm older and not a silly teenager who is more worried about who my best friend is than who fought and died on those fields.

This weekend, we gave back a little big by walking in the Help the Homeless walkathon. Community Connections was a big player and I got to spend some time with my co-workers and Alan joined us as well. So, we spent Saturday AM in DC. Then we hit up a museum and headed back home for some quick R&R before Al had to dive at the National Aquarium.


Today we have been relaxing and catching up on some odds and ends of things. Tomorrow it is certainly back to reality. Thankfully it's a short week for both of us. Mom and dad have decided to join us out here for Thanksgiving this year since we can't come home. They will arrive on Thursday evening. I am very much looking forward to some quality family time for the holiday. It's one of my favorites. I have so very much to be thankful for this year. :) I am truly blessed. More on that later...


Work is trying. It's a challenge every day, but I'm hanging in there and learning more than I ever thought possible. I'm almost up to a full case load (25 people) and enjoying it for the most part. I think Alan said it best the other night when he said that there is a huge learning curve and I'm smack dab in the middle of it. So, I'm certainly looking forward to another 6 months from now when I'm a little more comfortable with what I'm doing.


I think that's about it for now. Thanks for tuning in, and again, my apologies for slacking. More to come soon!

1 comment:

Aunt Cheri said...

You sure have grown up alot,Little Lady(the gettysburg comment)!!! Did you see Abe??? This is only way I have of keeping up with what you are doing....so don't wait so long to update----PLEASE!!!! I can't wait to see you at Christmas! I miss you sooooooooooooooo much!!! I LOVE YOU!!! XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO