10.10.2010

Home Sweet Home

Ok, so it wasn't quite Huntington, but I did get a mini vacation in Indiana for some fun with family and friends last weekend. I realize that it's sort of old news, but it's been a busy week (what else is new?). So, Alan's cousin was getting married and we decided to take a bit of time off work and make the trip home to Indiana for it. What a great time we had! Alan had actually been in North Carolina that week for work so we met up at Midway and his parents picked us up. We stayed in Lowell on Thursday night, the wedding was on Friday afternoon. We had a blast dancing the night away and catching up with his family and friends. Saturday we headed to Aurora to pay a little visit to Craig, Em, and my favorite three year olds. We all made a trip to a nearby pumpkin patch and helped the boys pick out pumpkins. Alan and I got some goodies for us to bring back to MD with us - popcorn and some apple butter. We spent the night just farting around and having fun. Sunday we drove back to Lowell to have a bleated birthday brunch for Deb's birthday. Sunday was for relaxation. We needed it! We flew back to Maryland a 7AM Monday morning. Back to the cold and rain. I went to work for part of the day and came home and crashed! It was a weekend full of fun and one I know I won't forget any time soon. There is just something that is so comforting about being back in Indiana. Good times!




Alan and I at the wedding.

Alan's mom, Debbie and I at the wedding. The whole Rosenwinkel gang! Hubba Hubba Hudson and a prospective pumkin. Happy Fall!
But, here I am, back in Annapolis. Another week has come and gone. Another weekend has come and gone now too. It's been a quiet one for us. We did some odds and ends of things we've been meaning to catch up on. I have not been feeling too well the past couple of days. I think the change in seasons is starting to get to me. I've been taking vitamin C and hoping it doesn't turn into a full blow cold. Not sure whether Mother Nature is ready to make up her mind just yet whether it's fall or still summer. It's been back and forth. I'm ready for it to be chilly and crisp. Let's see it, Mother Nature!

This is random, but I just want to say how nice it is to have a paycheck! :) I work hard for it, but it's a great feeling!

That's it for now.

No comments: