9.24.2010

Naps.

This seems to be a very popular theme in my life as of late. I think I have fallen asleep on the couch almost every weeknight the past two weeks. Work is kicking my butt still. Fortunately, my weekends have been very low key, so I have been able to take the time to recover and get some things done that I have been missing out on during the week. It's a big adjustment, but I'm ready to be adjusted so I can stop missing out on my precious time in the evenings. We'll see how many naps I take this week.

Things are becoming routine quickly though. I feel settled at work enough that some of the new excitement has started to wear off and the harsh reality has started to take its place. I felt very overwhelmed this week, but dealt with that and am using the weekend to recharge. It's been a nice and quiet weekend. Alan has been gone diving for most of it, so I've been holding down the fort at the apartment (and by 'holding down the fort' I really mean holding down the couch). I've been able to get some things done and I've done lots of relaxing. The weather has finally broken a bit. It was crazy hot at the end of last week. We were working on breaking a heat record. Boo! I'm SO ready for fall temps to get here so I can bust out my pants and cozy sweaters. I love fall!

This week I'm fending for myself. Alan is headed to North Carolina for work this week and then we are meeting up at Midway on Friday night. We are headed back to Indiana briefly for his cousin's wedding this weekend. I am very much looking forward to it. I am excited to spend some time with his parents and family. Should be a great weekend! Now I just have to survive the next 4 days until I get there. They are jam-packed with clients and all kinds of things. So, I'll certainly be ready for that plane ride on Thursday night!

I think that's about it for now.

No comments: